Wednesday, November 01, 2006

No trip to Sun Hill tonight...sigh...


I bumped into an ex-student yesterday at work. She was wearing a special Halloween outfit - black, straight-cut trousers and a black polo-neck jumper with white ribs and arm bones knitted into it, so her top half looked like an X-ray. A very stylish X-ray, though. Made me smile.

But sometimes work is just tiring... today I'm very, very tired. I thought a nice dinner, followed by a trip to Sun Hill would fix that, but my plans have been thwarted at the last minute by a change of TV schedule. No 'Bill'* tonight (some old awards thing instead). Some people think I have very dubious taste in televisual viewing matter (my mother...). But a scene from 'The Bill' has been featured in a Galway Film Festival exhibition, reinterpreted by an artist, so it must be ok....

As it's not on telly tonight, here's that drawing instead, by artist Robin Whitmore: it's 'Mad' Margaret the Cleaner From Sun Hill After Stabbing DC Perkins in a Bathroom, as a reminder of their strangely enduring storylines...

* 'The Bill' is a fictional TV cop show set in Sun Hill, an imaginary part of London, for those who don't know. It can become quite...addictive. But not to my mum.

No comments: