Sanddancer and Roses have both done 25 random things about themselves over on their blogs, and as I'm similarly lacking in inspiration at the moment I'll do it too (let's hope my inspiration's all going into the thesis instead, eh). 25 seems a lot though, so I'll do it quickly as a blog stop gap for my possible missing without a trace status over the next few weeks.
1. I wish I could think of a theme for my blog like other people do, but I can't. Maybe one day...
2. I'm getting concerned about the changing ratio of available floor space to books and papers at home.
3. I got a ride in a classic hearse in a open day cemetery cortege with an undertaker once, and I thought 'eat your hearts out, picnicking goths' as we drove past them.
4. I like listening to other people's conversations on buses. Even boring ones.
5. I'm wondering if that makes me nosey, or if loud conversations in public places makes it ok to listen?
6. Washing the dirty dishes from the night before is now considered a 'break' from PhD work. Whooppeee, it's fun and games all the way with me.
7. I could sing the jingle from the 1960s Zambian TV advert for Vaseline Blue Seal White Petroleum Jelly, but I have a horrible singing voice so I won't. I wish I could forget it actually!
8. I love The Bill. It is my favourite TV soap-drama.
9. Seeing 1950s classic cars out on the roads makes me happy.
10. I don't like numbers, but I was a computer programmer for a while. Weird, eh.
11. I'm now flagging with this '25 things' thing and wondering whether to knock off early....
12. Oh yes, I'm going to ask people I know to send me things in the post addressed to Dr so and so when I've finished this damned PhD, just for the novelty value of using a different title!!!!! Heheheh, it may sound a little nerdy but oooooh I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
13. I am eating a piece of toast with almond butter on and drinking a cup of tea at the moment. Very nice too.
14. I was meant to take some photos of bottles last week for my thesis, but I forgot.
15. I am frequently surprised by how upset people are at the 'wrong' results they get from googling their own names.
16. I love reading the blog stats to see the strange search terms people use to end up at my blog.
17. Following on from that, I am glad to provide photos of the Kiss Kasket for all and sundry....
18..... and to clear up for once and for all that Sherlock Holmes was not a real person.
19. I want to pay off my mortgage and buy another flat by the sea before the 2012 Olympics fiasco hits London so I can escape. I was planning to do it anyway, but that seems a good target date.
20. I absolutely abhor strong aftershave or perfume on other people, particularly in confined spaces like my office or on a bus. It gives me a headache after a while.
21. I am a big fan of Douglas Sirk's films. Would Pandora and the Flying Dutchman (one of my favourite films) have been even better if he'd directed it???
22. I'm starting to feel guilty about doing this blog post now... all that time that's not going on the PhD... tut tut...
23. Perversely, I don't feel guilty about spending ages on the postgrad forum, which I am very fond of.
24. I think art colleges are rather wonderful places to work in.
25. Having said that, I'd better get on with this weekend's chapters or I won't be doing my own work prospects much good. See you soon, in a virtual sense!